Saturday, October 6, 2007

Day 18 Aunty Rae and Gordon


The day started off sunshine and warm. The Rangitikei River looks beautiful at this time of the year. There was little to see between Mangaweka and Bulls except the indication that spring is here with the numbers of new lambs bouncing around in the paddocks.

Hunterville looks as though it is moving forward with new homes and a clean up. There are a couple of very interesting shops that I never knew were there that I will make a point of returning to when I have more time.

Mike and I stopped off to see Aunty Rae and Gordon for afternoon tea before we headed towards Sanson. It was a good time to catch up and for Aunty Rae to inspect my feet and give instructions to continue to take of them..I must have hit the rush ½ hour between Bulls and Sanson because there were heaps of cars and trucks going through. I suppose many came from Ohakea Airforce base.

Palmerston North was not originally on the hikoi route because it was off State Highway 1 but the team and I decided we were ahead of time by ½ a day so would spend an extended lunch time in the Palmerston North Square for the many supporters I had that lived in and around Palmerston North. That would also fit in with me returning home for the night. Hey it was great to get home and find the house it a mess, it meant the boys left at home missed me…. That is my excuse and I’s sticking to it. It was nice to be home and find that Akarana was feeling much improved.

No comments: