Monday, October 1, 2007

Day 14 Kea Motel, Putararu

To Ronnie B. And Jackie in Putararu thank you for putting us up for the
last couple of days and good luck for your future plans. Off to
Atiamuri to start our day, my feet feeling much better today and after
and good nights sleep though I was still feeling a little tired.

Nothing and no one was at Atiamuri today so off to Wairakei we headed.
Busy as usual, traffic going both ways.

Taupo was buzzing with a Gypsy fair in town and a busy Sunday lots of
tourists from around the world.
Great to see many children with their parents in the park.

I wore shoes offered by our driver Faye a few days ago while in town......
That Taitokerau muzzy bite continues to cause problems and my foot did
start to ache. I had a very moving moment while in Taupo with an
elderly couple, during a heavy rain shower we stepped into the rain together and
spread out our arms and raised our faces to the sky. What a wonderful
display of disregard for the norm "to seek cover from the rain". I was
thanked by the elderly gentlemen for encouraging him to join me in my
moment of joy at the world in that instant.

At the conclusion of our day we headed to Linda's for the night to try
her spa pool out, however the wet weather prevented this (the spa pool) from
happening. So thank you Linda and Bruce for your cosy comfortable home
for the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good meeting you Parani! :D

I did post about you, Good luck!