Saturday, October 6, 2007

Day 19, Fri 05.10.07. The Square


The boys (sons Akarana and Jaeson) and I got off to an early start cleaning, do housework and washing. Akarana informed me quite soundly that it was more fun while I was away because he did a lot more fun things than housework.

We arrived in the Square tied some balloons to the car in the Square car park and met up with a couple of supporters, particularly Marie, then proceeded to walk around the Square talking with different people on the way. We met up with Mayor Heather Tanguay and had some pics taken.

This was one of the highlights of the day. We bumped into Jono Naylor outside the Plaza and also had pics taken with him. My support team are very good at getting pics taken in many different situations.

I believe while talking to a reporter from the Manawatu Standard our cameraperson for the day was taking pictures of the Manawatu Standard cameraperson taking pictures of my feet. We started off early today and then we were leaving Palmerston North late. I had too much fun in the Square.

Once we left Palmerston North we (Mate my previous driver and support team member) headed off to Foxton and met up with Edeena who walked through Foxton with me. I then continued walking on my own but did not quite reach Levin by the end of the day. I will therefore start tomorrow just north of Levin.

We stopped off at New World on Pioneer Highway and had problems paying for our groceries. The staff at New World were very patient and helpful while we scurried around finding sufficient funds. So thank you to those staff members for their friendly helpful manner. Yea, I am nearly there and still standing, only 3 more days to go. I am not slimmer or trimmer as I had expected I am in fact heavier, muscle weight... I have a few blisters clearing up now, creaked heals, slightly swollen aging ankles and now I am getting quite tired at the end of the day. Not to worry near the end and then I can rest, yes…….

No comments: