Sunday, September 30, 2007

Day 13 a short day.

We stayed another night at Ronnie's and Jackie's Putaruru Kea Motel. This couple took us in and treated us as family and made us feel right at home

Woke to a brisk sunny day and a lovely cooked breakfast, then found I had left my contacts book and cell phone charger behind in Hamilton. So, back to Cambridge to meet up with Roni (another one) and retrieve my forgotten things. Returned to Putaruru for a start to the day and headed to Tokoroa. It was a fairly quiet day but a lot of traffic still. Thanks to the truckies on the road, they are consistently friendly.

Mate gave me a pair of sandals to wear for my feet that were still feeling bruised. The blisters as you see on the blog a few days ago have improved, but for the one between my feet from the jandals a couple of days ago.

Today was a short day with a late start having to returned to Cambridge, and I wanted an early finish because I was tired. My legs felt tired and I wanted to go for a nanny nap. Not surprising when I was up until after 1am last night. That was because after collecting whea Mate on Friday night she became progressively unwell until at 10 PM I needed to take her to Tokoroa hospital for treatment. What fast service we were given there. No waiting time, we walked straight in and were attended to immediately. Fortunately following a good nights sleep Whea Mate woke bright and chirpy saturday morning rearing to go.




No comments: