Thursday, September 27, 2007

Day 10 Huntly

Set off from Te Kauwhata to Huntly, what a delightful little town. I felt welcomed the moment I reached it. The residents weregenerous, supportive and encouraging and it was a beautiful warm sunny day. I could live in this small Waikato town. I spent a lot more time there than I should have and the bakery shops had some tempting, scrumptious looking foods. No, I did not indulge.

On to Tauiri and Ngaruawahia where I met up with Roni and Tylah for the next leg of the hikoi. Roni needed some coaching on requirements for the driver and off we went. Roni is a fast learner, Tylah joined me on the road and enjoyed waving to all the traffic going by.

At the end of our day avoiding all the roads works into Hamilton we went to visit Aunty Natalie, Pheonix and Adam to catch up on news. Then home to another long hot soak in the bath then butter chicken for tea.

No comments: