Monday, September 24, 2007

Day 6 Slippery in the rain.....

Started our walk from Kamo north end of Whangarei, a fast treacherous walk through Whangarei. It was very wet with heavy rain making it difficult to walk. My feet were getting injured slipping on the wet road surface so I moved to the foot path and found that just as slippery not easy walking. I now have grazes to the soles of both feet. It is not good or safe practice to walk bare footed on foot paths. I sustained cuts from half and dozen glass shards in one foot and a couple more in the other. The blister that started the other day is now bigger and a little painful now but, no blood yet.

Got to the Ruakaka junctions petrol station and takeaways, was given fried bread and hot chips for lunch. Thanks ladies. We drove over the Brynderwyn’s and started walking at Kaiwaka as the rain stopped. Again a fast walk from Kaiwaka to Wellsford. It was pretty late and getting dark by the time we got the Southern end of Wellsford so we called it a day and decided to head off to Waiwera for a hot bath. This was to be Puna’s and Bailey’s last full day with me.

Had our hot bath, came out exhausted, ate then straight to bed for us all. Found ourselves locked in our rooms and could not get the door open so had to use the back door, which was not a hardship except we had to carry all our bags around the buildings. Mentioning bags, while packing the cars up again I found I did not have my suitcase. We look everywhere but due to the locked door and hot baths I did not realize I did not take it into our room. Talking to the manager I found another resident had found it in the car park while we were unloading and thought someone had forgotten it and once given to the manager she put it in her garage until claimed. Wow that was a bit of a panic time for me. I did not find my bag until this morning.

No comments: