Friday, September 21, 2007

Day 4 One tiny blister.

We were all woken to a spectacular thunder storm. Great a an alarm clock. However the heavy rain meant we needed appropriate heavy duty raincoats, so off to Earls Emporium we went. Out we came with clear plastic rain coats. Not the height of fashion but we could start a new trend.

Had a lie-in this morning because we needed to get to town (Kaitaia) for a few of domestic chores and check out a new cell phone and camera due to the demise of the originals. The retailer at the Telecom shop is an expert with cell phones, check it is on, if not, turn on, if still not working take the battery out then replace and try turning on again. Wallah, hey presto. Electronics, if at first it does not succeed try again. Saves a lot of time and money.

So missed out on a new phone camera. I was so excited about the phone I was able to retrieve all supposedly lost messages I forgot about the camera. I will attempt to obtain one tomorrow and get more pics on the blog page.

We set off to Taipa, to everyone's relief the rain stopped a light ocean breeze, plush area with sea views idilic spot. Nice shopping center especially the new chicken take away cafe.

Very nice beaches along this coast, we had lunch and afternoon tea supplied by the local store owners. Thank you we enjoyed the food at Coopers Beach.

Good roads for vehicles but painful for bare feet. Puna feeling the relief from last nights massage chose this stretch of road to stroll along the water front and relieve me for a period of time. We did notice a lot of surface water around following last nights heavy down pour.

In wet weather the roads are slippery for vehicles they are also slippery for bare foot walkers. I needed to try to walk on the grass verge if there was any.

To all the truck drivers out there thank you all your support in tooting and waving, the children really love it. They think all truck drivers talk to each other about what and who is out on the roads.

On to Kaeo. The roads here were busy with a lot of gravel near the edge of the road making my progress slow. There are footpaths that I can walk on but I have found that they are worst than the road for I have had to take a couple of glass splinters from my feet after walking on the foot paths so I do prefer the roads.

We did not stay long or walk at Kerikeri Junction due to the current road works there. So set off to Kaikohe for a hot bath and meal, luckily just in time as the skies opened up and thunder storm brought heavy rains again.

One little blister so far but hardly worth mentioning I have not had any cuts or bruises. My legs have been the only issue that needed some attention which seems to have resolved now.

No comments: